Recipe – Bay Phsar Signature Dish
Recipe – Minced grilled pork with lemongrass & vegetables (Khmer Recipe)
Zannier Hotels Phum Baitang is known for being a site of gastronomic excellence with its two restaurants, Bay Phsar and Hang Bay. The later offers a fusion cuisine of traditional Khmer dishes, local sea-food delights and fresh steaks – all to be enjoyed while watching the glorious sunset.
Our Chef accepted to unveil some of his secrets and share one of his traditional recipes. Learn how to create a typical Khmer main dish, served at hang Bay: “minced grilled pork with lemongrass, steamed eggplant, miso paste, hot basil, climbing wattle leaf”.
- Pork shoulder: 150 g
- Pork belly: 50g
- Lemongrass: 5g
- Kaffir lime leaves: 5g
- Red long chili: 5g
- Long eggplant: 100g
- Miso paste: 50g
- Hot basil: 5g
- Climbing wattle: 5g
- Oyster sauce: 15g
- Soy sauce: 10g
- Crispy pork skin: 30g
- Eggplant chip: 30g
- Palm sugar: 5g
- Slice the eggplants lengthwise (5 mm) and place them on a tray.
- Steam the slice for 10 minutes.
- Let them cool for 5 minutes, and then fry them in a pan with cooking oil.
- While the eggplants are roasting, prepare the other ingredients so that they are handy when you are stir-frying.
- Heat a wok and brown the minced pork.
- Stir in the minced garlic, brown sugar, chili slices, soy sauce and oyster sauce and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Stir-in the eggplant and cook for a few more minutes.
- Garnish with sliced spring onions and serve with rice
More about Khmer Cuisine
Rice is probably Cambodian most common side dish. From this staple ingredient, the Khmer have developed many recipes, taking advantage of the available food available around them such as shrimp, chicken, pork, vegetables, beans, squash, gourd... Rice has also been processed into sweet dishes, such as porridge, sticky rice and countless delicious cakes. Khmer cuisine features a lot of spices, the most common being onions, garlic, sugar, salt or pepper... Through the talented hands of the Khmer, food has been blown into very unique, delicious and rich flavours.
You want to know more, have a comment or a question. Free free to get in touch with us and contact Quentin GUIRAUD, Head of Communications: email@example.com / +32 (0)472 05 57 19.