Recipe – Bãi San Hô Signature Cookies
Recipe of dark Marou chocolate and Phu Yen peanut cookies
With melting chocolate chips and local peanuts, the mouth-watering cookies served at Zannier Hotels Bãi San Hô represent the perfect comfort food for young and old.
Served with local tea or coffee, this delicacy can be enjoyed at all times of the day – whether you are indulging yourself in our resort or in the comfort of your home. Learn how to create those delicious and healthy bites from our Food & Beverage Manager, Mr David Castillo.
- — 225g of butter
- — 360 g of brown sugar
- — 200 g of peanuts (we use some from Phu Yen Province)
- — 2 whole eggs
- — 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- — 330g of dark chocolate chips (preferably from Marou)
- — 300 g of oats
- — 280g of flour
- — 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- — a pinch of salt
- — Heat the oven to 160°C and prepare some baking paper on a tray.
- — In a bowl, soften the butter with the brown sugar until creamy. Add the eggs.
- — Sift the flour and add the baking powder.
- — Add the oats, dark chocolate chips and peanuts to the mix.
- — Finally, add the salt, vanilla essence and stir well.
- — With a spoon, create small scoops of mixture on the tray.
- — Cook for 15 minutes at 160°C until golden brown
MORE ABOUT VIETNAMESE TEA
In Vietnam, the tea culture has been part of households for centuries. At Zannier Hotels Bãi San Hô, we carry on and respect the Vietnamese traditions by serving locally grown tea, along with those delicious cookies.
Trà Sen, or lotus flower tea, is commonly used in festivals and ceremonies, but also for its detoxification and digesting properties. This delicate beverage is traditionally prepared by enveloping some local green tea leaves within a lotus flower, absorbing the subtle aromas overnight. Considered as a symbol of purity, beauty and optimism, it is also the national flower of Vietnam.
Should you wish to receive more information or HD images, feel free to ask Quentin GUIRAUD, Communications Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org / +32 (0)472 05 57 19.