CAULIFLOWER, CURRY & CASHEW NUTS
Benjamin Vakanas, our Executive Chef at Zannier Hotels Le Chalet, shares the recipe of this season’s signature recipe at La Ferme de Mon Père.
- — 1 large cauliflower
- — 1 onion
- — 1 carrot
- — olive oil
- — 2 tablespoons of paprika
- — 2 tablespoons of turmeric
- — 2 tablespoons yellow curry powder
- — 300g of cashew nuts
- — harissa
- — curled parsley
- — Remove the stems from your cauliflower and keep it whole.
- — Roughly chop the onion, carrot, and cauliflower stems. Fry them in olive oil in a large saucepan over low heat. Add the paprika, turmeric, and yellow curry powder. Cook for a few minutes and then add water.
- — When it boils, plunge your whole cauliflower into your broth and let it cook for 1 hour. Remove it from the broth and keep it aside.
- — Bake the cauliflower at 180° for about 15 minutes. Leave it a little colored on top
Cashew sauce, harissa
- — Mix the cashew nuts with a little of your spiced stock to make a smooth paste.
- — Add the harissa to your liking, salt, and pepper.
- — When taking it out of the oven, arrange it on a plate, place your creamy cashew nuts and harissa sauce on top of the cauliflower.
- — To finish, sprinkle the cauliflower with crushed cashew nuts and curled parsley.